Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided, wherever possible, with a DOI number.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- I have obtained any necessary permissions from the copyright holder for the inclusion of any third-party material, including images, in the text.
- References have been formnatted in accordance with the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation, 9th Edition (McGill 9th edition Citation Style).
Upon acceptance to “McGill’s GLSA Research Series,” I agree to the following:
I retain copyright in my work and license to “McGill’s GLSA Research Series” the right to reproduce, publish, preserve, archive, and distribute copies of the article, selections of the article, in print, audio-visual, electronic, or by any and all media now or hereafter known or devised.
I grant “McGill’s GLSA Research Series” permission for my work to be indexed in commercial and non-commercial databases, as well as used in other broadly understood commercial and non-commercial research contexts. I also grant “McGill’s GLSA Research Series” permission for the abstract and the full body of my work to be translated.
This work will simultaneously be licensed under Creative Commons license “Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).”
This license permits readers to share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format under the following terms: Attribution — one must give appropriate credit, and provide a link to the license. Non Commercial — one may not use the material for commercial purposes. NoDerivatives — If one remixes, transforms, or builds upon the material, one may not distribute the modified material.
- I declare that the article has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided to the Editor).
- I certify that this is my original work.
- I also certify that I have obtained any necessary permissions from the copyright holder for the inclusion of any third-party material, including images, in the text.
If the work was prepared jointly, the corresponding author also warrants that he or she has the full power to make this agreement. Furthermore, the corresponding author agrees to inform all authors of the terms of this agreement and collect the signatures of all the authors on a single copy of this agreement.